Spring has sprung!
Spring has finally sprung and what a Spring it is turning out to be at The Sharon Springs Granola Company!
- We started in late March with our first festival of the year – the Capitol District Garden and Flower Show at Hudson Valley Community College in Troy, NY. Our first three-day event, and it was our best event ever! We met lots of new people and were reacquainted with some old friends, both customers and vendors. Our Granola Chip Cookies were a huge hit – we brought 36 dozen and were sold out by just past Noon on the second day. Read on about how Trisha O’Connor is helping us to keep that from happening again.
- Trisha O’Connor has agreed to take over making the Granola Chip Cookies and the Farmers’ Market Mini-Muffins, allowing Kathy to spend more time making her luscious granola. In addition, Trisha will be filling in for us at the Cooperstown Farmers’ Market when we cannot be there and helping us staff our booth at other fairs and festivals. We are so very lucky to have her as part of our team! She is joyful, creative, and a great addition to our company! Welcome, Trisha!
- Our granola has been awarded Organic Certification by NOFA-NY through the USDA’s National Organic Program. At least once a year, a NOFA-NY inspector will come on-site at our production facility to review our record-keeping, confirm that our production process has not changed, and verify that we are using only certified organic ingredients. Our completed application packet for organic certification was 316 pages – with NOFA requesting an additional 15 pages, for a total of 331 pages! Until we started this process, we never realized how significant the USDA Certified seal is. We just took it for granted. No more!
- As you can see, our website is now up and running, with grateful thanks to the very talented and creative Sarka Kalusova of Digital Fin Communications! Thank you for visiting us at www.sharonspringsgranola.com. You can now place orders through the website to be shipped anywhere within the State of New York.
- We are in the process of loading up our Events Calendar to include all the fairs, festivals, and markets we are planning to attend this year. There will be times when we are at three different events silmiltaneously. Our thanks go to Trisha, who is helping to make this possible. If you do not see an event you would like us to attend, please use our “Contact Us” page to give us the details and invitation to your event. We welcome the opportunity to come to you. Please share events you are interested in on Facebook and like our Facebook page.
Here’s to looking forward to seeing you in all of the seasons of 2019!